.NET Framework Unhandled Exception with 1.1.0.15

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@cdchristian)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello,

Just offering this from the 1.1.0.15 build, noting that it's the current BETA. Since upgrading from 1.1.0.4, I started getting these .NET Framework unhandled exception warnings. It seems to do with the graphs. I don't have any additional details to give other than BC runs in the background, tracking what it does, and this just crops up on its own. if I don't have any devices activated for tracking, no warning like this, but when I have devices enabled and let them run for a while (with the graphs showing the data), I get this.

*********** Exception Text ***********
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawLines(Pen pen, PointF[] points)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.Renderer.DrawLines(LineStrip strip, Color color, Int32 thickness, LineStyle lineStyle, LineCap lineCap)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.LineSeriesViewPainter.RenderLine(Renderer renderer, Rectangle mappingBounds, LineWholeSeriesLayout lineLayout, LineStyle lineStyle, Color lineColor, LineCap lineCap, LineSeriesView lineView)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.LineSeriesViewPainter.RenderLine(Renderer renderer, Rectangle mappingBounds, WholeSeriesLayout layout, LineDrawOptions lineDrawOptions, Color lineColor)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.LineSeriesViewPainter.RenderWholeSeries(Renderer renderer, Rectangle mappingBounds, WholeSeriesLayout layout)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.PointSeriesViewBase.RenderWholeSeries(Renderer renderer, Rectangle mappingBounds, WholeSeriesLayout layout)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.XYDiagramSeriesLayout.RenderWholeSeries(Renderer renderer, HitRegionContainer seriesHitRegion)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.SeriesContainerLayout.RenderSeries(Renderer renderer, XYDiagramPaneAreas paneAreas)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.XYDiagramPaneViewData.RenderSeries(Renderer renderer)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.XYDiagramPaneViewData.Render(Renderer renderer)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.XYDiagramViewData.Render(Renderer renderer)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.ChartViewData.Render(Renderer renderer)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.ViewController.RenderChart(Renderer renderer, Rectangle bounds, Boolean lockDrawingHelper, IRenderContext renderContext, ChartViewData viewData, Boolean autoLayoutUpdated)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.Chart.Render(Rectangle bounds, Boolean lockDrawingHelper, ChartViewData viewData, Boolean autoLayoutUpdated)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.Chart.DrawContent2D(IRenderContext renderContext, Rectangle bounds, Boolean useImageCache)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.Chart.DrawContent(Graphics graphics, INativeGraphics nativeGraphics, Rectangle bounds, Rectangle windowsBounds, Boolean lockDrawingHelper, Boolean useImageCache, GraphicsQuality graphicsQuality)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.Native.Chart.DrawContent(Graphics graphics, Rectangle bounds, Boolean useImageCache)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.ChartControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraCharts.ChartControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

On a separate matter with the graphs, I note they like to clear out and reset any time their settings are changed. I guess I'd need to go back to 1.1.0.4 to see if the same things happen, but I feel that in 1.1.0.4, I could change the time span and still have the data appear, just at a different scale. Also, if I open the graph settings and click OK without changing anything, the graph completely clears.

Hopefully, this is helpful as the BETA develops!

Cole

(@cdchristian)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Actually, I now see a 1.1.0.16 update for BETA. I will download that and see how it plays with the graphs and exemptions. Sorry if you already addressed these issues since 1.1.0.15.

ReplyQuote
(@cdchristian)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Alright, so in 1.1.016, the graph still resets itself if I alter the timeline or simply open the settings and click OK without changes. I'll watch for the .NET warning

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

Can you close BruControl, then re-open it. Then email us the "controller.xxxx.log" from the Documents/BruControl/Logs folder? Here, xxxx is the date code of the day the file was created - no need to worry about that, just send the most recent one.

ReplyQuote
(@cdchristian)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I had just updated to 1.1.0.16 and have been running that for a few hours. I'll send the log still in case it is a running log, but just FYI. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@cdchristian)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Sent. Thanks, @pbruno3!

ReplyQuote
(@cdchristian)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

In case someone experiences this, the issue was assuming I had SqlLocalDB installed on this PC when I had it on my old PC. Installing this based on the release product notes resolved my graphing issues off the bat, so I suspect it will work fine going forward.

Thanks!

pbruno3 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: