Forum

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Welcome to BruControl

Page 1 / 2

(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

We are excited to launch BruControl and make it available to the brewing community!

We hope you find BruControl to be a valuable tool for your brewery. Please feel free to say "hello" below, and help us build a new online community of brewing automation!

(@jcc4507fly)

I look forward to checking this out. Also looking forward to future improvements! 

ReplyQuote
(@helibrewer)
Eminent Member

Nice work BrunDog! Been using a BrewTroller on a gas fired + RIMs tube system and looking to replace it. I've fiddled with BrewPi, Arduino (MEGA 2560), DragonBoard, etc. but I really like your elegant interface. I assume my Windows 10 laptop could handle all the UI.

My plan would be for this to operate my brewhouse, glycol chiller control, and Keezer temperature control. I currently don't need automated valves but who knows, I may someday.

Anyway, nice work and I will be following as I try to conceptualize my end game.

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thank you. You have a good plan! Please let us know how we can help you with anything!

ReplyQuote
(@shadow160)

Hi everyone,

I am a fairly new brewer, I have been working outside on a propane burner and am starting my journey into electric brewing.  My plan is to start with a ebiab and see how it goes from there.

I just bought a Bayou Classic 1160 for my kettle and started buying components for the control panel.

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Excellent - enjoy the ride! Building can be as much fun as brewing - depending on your skills and interest! Let us know how we can help!

ReplyQuote
(@shadow160)

I enjoy building things and have done plenty of wiring. I think the software setup is going to be the learning curve for me.

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: Shadow160

I enjoy building things and have done plenty of wiring. I think the software setup is going to be the learning curve for me.

Nah... review the manual... follow your instincts and ping us if you need anything! Report your experiences back here!

ReplyQuote
(@dirty)

Just found your system and seems to fit a few of my needs.  Looking to replace a BCS unit and was wondering how many thermistor units can the system read and whats the number of output controls?  Was guessing 14 as that's (my understanding) how many PWM outputs the Mega has.

Also, does the system log brew/fermentation information for archiving brew information?

Thanks

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi,

You can do a fairly straightforward swap with the BCS and an Arduino MEGA for the BruControl interface as the inputs and outputs on both are active high 5V. The thermistors need a filter/divider circuit. See the schematics section of this website for the circuit. We have created a thermistor board which will interface the thermistors with the MEGA directly using screw terminals. These boards accommodate 6 thermistors, but the MEGA can handle up to 16. The number of "outputs" depend on the type of output you want. Assume ~45 digital I/O. Many of which can be PWM (high frequency). I recommend you take a look at the User Manual and the Interface Wiring Map for more details.

The system logs all data points up to 30 days old into .CSV files, which you can use as you see fit.

ReplyQuote
(@mightyoz)

I am looking for control panel builds using BruControl, is there a place to find anything like this?

ReplyQuote
(@augiedoggy)

Posted by: MightyOz

I am looking for control panel builds using BruControl, is there a place to find anything like this?

homebrewtalk.com in the automated brewing section.

ReplyQuote
(@oakbarn)
Trusted Member

What does it take to get a Topic approved?   I have one in Hardware awaiting.

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Sorry, new users require approval before posting - spam is a nightmare!

ReplyQuote
(@oakbarn)
Trusted Member

You have a new user (Baldman)who needs his post approved in Hardware

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: