Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Node-Red TCP connection to microcontroller for data?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@cdchristian)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hola everyone!

I'm curious if anyone has been able to get Node-RED to ping their microcontroller to get the values of a port? I assume this would be through TCP like the BruControl software, but I can't seem to send the requested port data (or get the ESP32 to send a value back, rather).

I have an ESP32 with temp probes, pressure sensors, Tilt connection, pressure release, and heat/cool controls. I've succeeded in sending BruControl's global variable data to Brewfather's custom stream, but I can only send my globals there; I don't have my sensor data stored to globals (seems excessive). I'm interested in having Node-RED ping the ESP through TCP to get some value from a port (33 in my case, for pressure), get a value for a port, do whatever conversions, then send that data to Brewfather.

Any guidance on a Node-Red flow to just get data from the ESP would be helpful, as well as any information regarding data conversion (buffer to number or whathaveyou). 

Thanks!

Cole

(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

Hi there. We don't publish the protocol between the application and the interface. If you want to exchange data to Node-Red, please access it via the application.

ReplyQuote
(@cdchristian)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, as I thought about it more today, I realized it wouldn't make sense for easy communication (for several reasons). All good, I just scripted a few globals for pressure and beer temp to then forward on to Brewfather. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Share: