Clear all

Sonoff firmware

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@chris24680)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi, just tried emailing you but it got sent back saying failed as your mailbox is full.

I got a couple of sonoff dual r2 switches.

Done the soldering, connected upto usb ttl adaptor following the guide. Opened up the firmware setup, selected firmware and the COM port its in and option c for sonoff but then on the next screen it doesnt show any available firmware options? I tried 1,2,3, a,b,c nothing works it just returns to the main screen. Tried using a different usb port, both usb 2 and 3 and even tried another sonoff and same thing happens.

Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks, Chris.

(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

Hi,

First, not sure what happened with email. I just tested it and the message went through without issue. 

Now to the main question... I think you got ahead of us! The Sonoff firmware is not actually in the firmware package. This is a big mistake, as we posted the application note but didn’t post the firmware and configuration files.

Please sit tight for a couple of days and we will get these online. Sorry for the mis-step. 

ReplyQuote
(@chris24680)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I attached a small video to show what happened thats probably why it failed.

Ok, no worries. That explains why i couldnt get it to work. Will wait for it to be released.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

Circling back... the firmware has been updated. Note you will need to d/l the application files also, as there is a new definition file for Sonoff.

ReplyQuote
Share: