Forum

External control of...

External control of BruControl settings  

RSS

(@angus_grant)
Eminent Member
March 9, 2019 3:18 am  

Hi,

I am working on an application to read the BruControl log files and submit target and temperature readings to my website brewerschronicle.com. I have a rough prototype working and this part is working well.

I was poking around the BruControl brucfg files and found the Target setting for the Hysteresis element. Updating this does not pass the value through to BruControl. Closing BruControl overwrites the file value with BruControl's value.

If I change the setting value in the file with BruControl closed down, then it reads the new value from the file on starting up.

Can you suggest a way for my application to modify the target value for the hysteresis element?  😀 

Thanks,
Angus.

(@pbruno3)
Estimable Member Admin
March 9, 2019 3:01 pm  

Per our exchange, we are discussing ways to enable external communication with BC. This is a next stage development, and we are working on publishing 1.1, so it will take a bit of time. Stay tuned!

ReplyQuote
(@angus_grant)
Eminent Member
March 9, 2019 8:59 pm  

Cool, I'll just work on reading logs and submitting readings to my website as an interim step.

On a side note. I've got 1.1 installed and I'm using it. I haven't discovered any problems yet.

ReplyQuote
Share: