Duplicate Devices in Different Workspaces

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 XST8
(@xst8)
Topic starter  

BrunDog,

Still forging my way through the documentation, which is excellent BTW. All the parts arrived, all the currently needed fabrication is done and now just setting up the BruControl HMI/panel environment. My question is when I create a device, say a digital out, duty cycle on port 14 (SSR to heating element in HLT) can I have it show up in multiple workspaces? I tried to make a duplicate digital out, duty cycle device in a different workspace but duty cycle wasn’t an option after I made the first one. The way I have it set up now is, I have a couple of workspaces set up for different processes and a test/scratch workspace to tool around in. The HLT SSR is used in two of the workspaces/processes. 

(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

No, you cannot have duplicate device elements, whether they be on the same workspace or another. Because each device is addressed in the scripting, each one needs to be unique. This is why once a device type for a particular port on a particular interface exists, the option to recreate it goes away. 

We are working on the ability to move elements from one workspace to another (manually and possible in the script language), but this will not be released until v1.1.

ReplyQuote
 XST8
(@xst8)
Topic starter  

Cool, and not a big deal. Figure I can divvy up the different processes with scripts vice workspaces and still have flexibility and consistency. Think I’ll take a look at one master workspace and use the ‘enabled’ flags in a script to switch between different configurations. Thanks for the reply. 

ReplyQuote
Share: