Notifications
Clear all

Developing script on separate machine

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@vince)
Topic starter  

I'm really appreciating this application.  Did my first batch today using BC in manual mode. I'm still working on my scripts.  This leads me to my question... The brewery is in the garage running on a mini-PC and a touch screen - not a great environment for development and coding... 

I'd like to run the application on a different machine (not connected to the interface) for doing the dev/coding. How do I bring this back to the machine in the brewery?  Are there specific files I can copy over?  The whole folder?  What happens to the license when/if I replace the whole folder with this new one?  Activate it again?  Or will it already be activated?

Thanks.

(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

I suggest you use the mini-PC to remote into the main computer, using Remote Desktop, TeamViewer, or Chrome Remote Desktop. I personally use Remote Desktop with great success.

I think alternating the two computers would be difficult, but the 'BruControl' folder in the Documents folder contains all the files. Activation would be tricky since just the one computer holds the activation at a time. LMK if the remote option above wouldn't work for you.

ReplyQuote
(@vince)
Topic starter  

Fair point. Thoughts about remoting into house computer vs the vice versa?  

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

Depends. In my personal setup, I have BC running on a computer that runs all the time, so BC runs like a server. This is so I can keep an eye on my dispenser and fermenter temps and issue alarms. Therefore I RD into that one. In your case you need to decide which is best. The mini-PC might be best as the client. 

ReplyQuote
Share: