7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@oakbarn)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

It would be nice to have a Copy Configuration to a new name,  

The reason is for different recipes.

I have a "standard" setup withing the script for brewing a batch.

For different recipes I have different Temperatures and Times and maybe some other things.  Rater than making all my Devices  Elements and Scripts again, it would be nice to copy rather than Add a Fresh one.  That way the new one could be quickly edited.

I have figured how to do it outside the program, but would prefer an "official" way with a button.

It would also be nice to Clone a Device Element with a new Dialog box coming up for the New Cloned Name ( or just Reset to Clone #) and have a Port # that must be selected.

Everything else could be copied 1 to 1.

This topic was modified 5 years ago by oakbarn

(@diebeerery)
Eminent Member

No need.  You add the variables and allow them to be modified.  I broke out all recipe variables from my main script which allows me to fine tune anything.  

ReplyQuote
(@oakbarn)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

That looks great.  I had thought of doing something like that because you need to fiddle with the temps.  I would still want the copy Configuration.  I have used a BCS for years and have all my different recipes stored.  I just restored them and was ready to brew without having to see if I got the times and Temperatures all changed.   I will be doing a similar workspace and might need some scripting help.  I have written in basic and javascript (a smidgen) so I think I will be able to get into the Scripting fairly easy. Your screen looks like what I was planning.

Thanks for the Info.

ReplyQuote
(@diebeerery)
Eminent Member

I mean it’s easily doable...

cntrl + c

add new script

cntrl + v

a lot of room for error though touching/tweaking all scripts instead of just one set of variables.  

Also so we should all be using notepad ++ to script and just copy/paste this into BC.  Notepad++ has so many invaluable tools to help with scripting.  

ReplyQuote
(@oakbarn)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

It was quite easy to copy.  I use Notepad ++ all the time but did not need it. 😀 

Basically I would have every variable the same name in all configurations 99.99% of the time.  It would be quite easy to create a Workspace where the variables are set (like yours),and then copy the config.  We have 8 brews we repeat and repeat.  So generally only 9 configurations.

I'm thinking that different Fermentation schedules would be different Workspaces.

I might eventually go with a second licence for the Fermentation.  Right now, I will likely leave that on my BCS.  The 4-20ma support may lead me to BruControl for that as well.

I generally put all change variables at the top of a script regardless.

ReplyQuote
(@diebeerery)
Eminent Member

You certainly don’t need each one to have a works space.  One workspace with a bunch of buttons that start scripts is all you need.  Master script, basically running an if loop looking for a button press to select the proper script (profile).   This goes for brewing  or fermenting.  Each fermenting profile is a button, that says of button state ==true start this “fermentation” script.  

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

All well said above, @DieBeerery.

ReplyQuote
Share: