BruControl.exe flagged by anti-virus

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

BruControl Users,

I want to inform you of a situation that a user pointed out to me today. He downloaded and unzipped BruControl from the website today, and his Windows Defender flagged the executable inside as having a Trojan virus, "Win32/Tiggre!plock". Here is more info: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wds...ia-description?Name=Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock

I downloaded the files off the website and received the same flag upon unzipping them. Windows Defender then deleted the file to protect my system. I then navigated to the folder where my current BruControl executable is running, and Windows Defender popped up again, flagging this file. It terminated the running instance of BruControl and deleted the executable. This file has been running for weeks… therefore I know this is not a hack of the files on the web.

I wanted to report this to the community as soon as I could. I am very confident BruControl does not have any virus in it. I believe the virus definition is to blame, as I see they were updated this morning. The executable it flagged has been running on my computer for weeks without any of the symptoms reported by the virus report. The registry files the virus supposedly create are not on my system. The browser extensions and automatic start files are also not on my system. The files on the website were uploaded by me, and were directly downloaded from a private, secure site from my partner.

That said, I have reported it to my partner who codes the executable and will report back as soon as he can provide any additional details. I suggest you run an scan using your anti-virus software to see if BC is flagged. If you are at all concerned, I suggest you do not run BruControl until we resolve this.

(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi all,

We pushed an update tonight which addresses the aforementioned inappropriate virus-scanner flagging issue. This version 1.0 Build 28097 is now digitally signed, so this should help scanners validate the integrity of the software. We apologize for any inconveniences this caused!

http://brucontrol.com/download/application/

ReplyQuote
Share: