Clear all

No Voltage out on Digital Pins - Arduino Mega

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@thesleepydog)
Topic starter  

Connected to BruControl via USB : Connection okay in BruControl Software = Tick

Set up a few Devices in the interface as Digital out (Enabled=yes / User Control=Yes / Refresh=1 / State = Off / Active Low = off ) (PORT 30)

I connected Port 30 to the relay (Electronics Salon and confirmed to be functional on 5v trigger)

I changed the state of the Device controlling port 30 to "Enabled" and nothing happened.

I tried port 26 as above and also tried enabling Active Low without any change/action.

I then tested the Arduino with a multimeter and had good readings of 5v from 5v headers including the 5v out near port 21/22) , but no reading (0) from the digtial pins I had enabled. 

(It is grounded per the wiring schematic on the BruControl Website http://brucontrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/BruControl-Relay-Board-Schematic.pdf )

I tried a 2nd Arduino Mega and same result.

Getting really frustrated with it. Can anyone help with why I wouldn't be sending any power to the digital outs?

(@thesleepydog)
Topic starter  

and meant to add, both MEGA boards accepted the BruControl firmware without any problems.

ReplyQuote
(@thesleepydog)
Topic starter  

Found the issue... User error of course.... I flashed the boards with ethernet firmware load - not USB. I noticed my interfaces in BruControl were not showing status - just "------" and the super hand setup video showed status. Reflashed the firmware to USB and viola! output works! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

That'll do it! Glad you found the solution!

ReplyQuote
Share: