Clear all

Brewpi

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@chris24680)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Fermentation temp control - ive always liked how brewpi is able to maintain a perfect set temperature without constant cycling of the outputs by using a secondary temp probe to measure the ambient temp.

Would it be possible to somehow integrate their open source temperature control algorithms into brucontrol?

No idea how difficult this would be to implement but i would see this as another great selling point for this software.

(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

Yessir... we have a predictive hysteresis update in the list of projects. We are working on V1.1, which will not have it just yet, but I agree it would be valuable.

That said, I have contemplated ways to do this in a script in BruControl, which would not require any firmware changes and not be too difficult to do. The key is to remember the peaks and valleys of the temp swings, then adjust your heating or cooling cycles. I will try to play with a script and see what I can do.

ReplyQuote
(@chris24680)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thats excellent, sounds like you guys are hard at work with all these updgrades.

This is looking really promising, i nearly have all the parts to get my panel built now so should be up and running properly with brucontrol soon.

ReplyQuote
(@nateb)

Any updates here? I have some nodemcu's previously setup with fermentrack (runs brewpi), i would like to reflash them for brucontrol but still run off chamber and beer temp.

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

Sorry... this is on the list but not until we get 1.1 out the door. We are making progress - it shouldn't be much longer. If it is we will do it in increments.

ReplyQuote
Share: