Hysterisis Value results docs update and graph suggestion

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@angus_grant)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

I have been following the code from a forum post controlling a Glycol chiller but can't use the Hystersis Value in a If statement to set cooling mode (if "Ferm1Cool" Value == on)

I can set the target, OnOffset, and OnDelay settings, but using the Value operator always results in a "Value is not a valid operator" error.

I eventually got it to work by checking against 1 instead of on or true (if "Ferm1Cool" Value = 1). Maybe something to update the docs on.

I'd like to plot the hysterisis target temperature into the graph, but that doesn't seem to be an option. I can plot the hysterisis value on the graph, but target is not an option

As a work-around, I've created a script variable, and then displayed that variable on the workspace, and am plotting target temperature that way. It's a work-around and clutters up the workspace.

Software seems to be working well so far, and I am slowly getting my head around the scripting. once I'm up to speed on that, I reckon this software is going to be awesome.

I am about to start on developing a ferment control solution using BruControl for a small commercial brewery here in Brisbane, Aus. Once I've got that installed and working well, my medium-term goal is move into doing this as a full-time concern. So expect heaps of suggestions and reports.   🙂

I'd also love the integration of web posts and requests built into the scripting module I mentioned in my json thread. That would allow me to pull in ferment temps from my website and fully automate the fermentation. Plus report temperatures back to my website.

Thanks,
Angus.

(@angus_grant)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

oh, and an "OFF Offset" value for the Hysterisis element would be good as well.

That way you could take into account the different cooling rates of fermentors, and ensure you follow your ferment schedule

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

Hi @Angus,

Thank you for the feedback. We sincerely anytime someone takes the time to help us make a better offering.

The Hysteresis devices are "ON/OFF" devices. Their values are 1 or zero based on the ON or OFF status. If you want the target, reference that property, for example:

"Fermenter" target

If you want to graph that, it is not an option in the graphing, but you can associate that target to a variable, use a Variable element to pull it out of the script, then graph that element. That sounds like what you did. You can hide that element if you don't want it cluttering the workspace. That said, your comment is fair... it would be nice to be able to graph the target directly. You should be able to use true/false for hysteresis values:

if "Fermenter" value == true
//do something
endif

But I see this isn't working, so yes we need to fix the docs. We really should have a state property for this.

Regarding "OFF Offset", there is no such property... so I'm not sure your request. ON Offset is the only setting, and it works in both heating or cooling directions. We will be adding some predictive settings to adjust the running time of the ON cycle at some point.

Angus reacted
ReplyQuote
(@angus_grant)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: pbruno3

But I see this isn't working, so yes we need to fix the docs. We really should have a state property for this.

Regarding "OFF Offset", there is no such property... so I'm not sure your request. ON Offset is the only setting, and it works in both heating or cooling directions. We will be adding some predictive settings to adjust the running time of the ON cycle at some point.

he he, I did try using State property just in case it existed but was undocumented. I ended up doing exactly what you mentioned: variable set to hysterisis target, then variable element on workspace, and graph that.

The predictive settings sounds like it would cover what I was asking. Some setting to stop cooling devices before target temp to prevent over or under shooting.

ReplyQuote
Share: