Clear all

For inspiration , examples of Brewing Workspaces and Control Boxes

16 Posts
2 Users
7 Likes
(@exoticatom)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,

I am building a simple a new brewing solution, transferring from craftbeerpi. I searched this forum and internet but didn't get too many example pictures. Did I miss any section on this site?   

1) For the sake of inspiration, I'd appreciate if you could upload some pictures of your workspace for brewing + corresponding control box ? How your setup looks like?

2) When you are brewing: do you guys use tablet over VNC  to connect to brucontrol and start / stop pump when needed?

I am used to have a touch screen installed on control box, with all temperatures and buttons close. Just wondering what's optimal. 

I am taking vacation from today and like to spend next week or twon in planing my workspace and hardware 🙂

Thx.

(@helibrewer)
Eminent Member

I'm in the middle of my build and will try to get something posted soon. There is a very active channel over at homebrewtalk.com with some long term users.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/brucontrol-brewery-control-automation-software.624198/

Cheers,

Mike

exoticatom and pbruno3 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@exoticatom)
Topic starter  

I've seen only after that that forum there is more active.

Thank you! 

ReplyQuote
(@helibrewer)
Eminent Member

Here is my workspace. The beauty is you can modify it at will very quickly so I am sure this will change over time. Some of the stuff on here is for testing purposes.

exoticatom reacted
ReplyQuote
(@exoticatom)
Topic starter  

@helibrewer very nice. I like the idea of stop and start buttons. Getting next days my arudino and board so looking forward to first tests. 

I like to learn scripting on my own if I can. I think I get it now,  however it wouldn't hurt to have your example code for reference while I'm figuring all out. 

Would you share your brew script too? If not convenient for this forum could you pm me please? (I've seen couple, one from brundog too.)

Thx in advance

ReplyQuote
(@helibrewer)
Eminent Member

@exoticatom No problem, I will send them this afternoon after work. There are quite a few and they are all stored in the configuration file.

ReplyQuote
(@helibrewer)
Eminent Member

@exoticatom Here are my scripts. If there are any you don't understand just let me know.

exoticatom reacted
ReplyQuote
(@exoticatom)
Topic starter  

Thanks a zillion ! 👍

ReplyQuote
(@exoticatom)
Topic starter  

@helibrewer  FYI since yesterday I have a valid license and started playing with my test setup. It's still very long way, as I am working on changing my setup to RIMS.

I do have a question about UI. I think I am getting idea how your scripts are working. Not there yet but they are of huge help. 

What I can't figure out right now, is following: 
Switches on the right side of your panel: where did you get that clip art and how did you make this clip art working with UI.
Do you have 2 backgrounds or 1? How do you flip between backgrounds on the single element? (I mean do you flip at all ?)

Same question for green LEDs? Do you flip between green and red with backgrounds value (not sure if that's possible) or you are working with visibility maybe Z?  

What about those fancy _casio_ like digital displays 🙂 How did you make that showing up in that way? HLT Timer, Mash Timer.

Cheers

PS I didn't see that kind of magic in documentation 🙂 (anyways since I am still on vacation, my brain is switched off these days) so sorry if I missed that info.

This post was modified 4 years ago 3 times by exoticatom

ReplyQuote
(@exoticatom)
Topic starter  

Oh dear, I was able to figure out answer to both questions. 
There are several ways to do it. One is with flipping images (you'd need transparent png), another one offered by the system "Value Appearance"  - Change to LED and ten you can flip the colors.
Same goes for digital displays, in value appearance select "Digital Gauge".

sorry  for spamming.

ReplyQuote
(@helibrewer)
Eminent Member

@exoticatom No problem. For the switch colors, they are determined by your theme which you can change in Settings -> Environment -> Theme

ReplyQuote
(@exoticatom)
Topic starter  

@helibrewer What element is "WiFi" in your scripts? Based on the name it's representing LCD. 
I have LCD too, but can't figure out what should I create as an element on the workspace to be able to display anything :-). 

ReplyQuote
(@helibrewer)
Eminent Member

@exoticatom In my case "Wifi" is the name of the Interface that BruControl connects to. the LCD display command requires you specify the interface that is providing input. Brucontrol can have multiple Interfaces connected at the same time so the LCD needs to know which one is driving.

There is no Element for LCD, you control it through scripting. In my case I'm using it to display 2 different temperatures.....I really haven't decided how I'm going to use the LCD but I had one mounted on my panel from CraftbeerPi so I just implemented something simple until I decide.

exoticatom reacted
ReplyQuote
(@exoticatom)
Topic starter  

@helibrewer Thank you, again. I tested today, RTD sensors, SSRs, will test LCD. Hopefully I am getting my RIMS tube next week. I need to buy couple of kettles. Decided to go away from all in one, but instead of back to HERMS, i am convinced RIMS will do the job. 🙂

Helibrewer reacted
ReplyQuote
(@exoticatom)
Topic starter  

@helibrewer I am getting there. I was able to integrate on my test setup everything I wanted.
Could you pls tel me where did you find those pngs/images? I was searching quite a lot, but cant fins something similar with RIMS tube. 

cheers 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: