Notifications
Clear all

Quadzilla Wiring - L6-30P

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@popquzkid)
Topic starter  

I am looking at elements for a RIMS tube build and came across Quadzilla. It seems like the perfect element for this application. 

What I am unsure about is how it would be wired if I used a controller that had L6-30R receptacles on it. Since each element has a power + ground for a total of 8 wires, how would this be wired to a  L6-30P plug?

(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

The metal jackets bound together will probably not fit into the plug. The wires of course will. What we have done successfully us heat-shrink from the jacket down the wire. Those sections are brought together into the plug end.

ReplyQuote
(@jyoung)

The OP says that each element has a power + ground, but as these are 240v elements they can be run L1 (120v) and L2 (120v) and ground, correct? There are 3 wires per element, 2 white one green/yellow.

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

Yes, that is correct. They are 240 VAC. L1 and L2 wired to 240 VAC. Wire them in parallel to wire all four together or wire in pairs to split them up. 

ReplyQuote
(@swimian)

I'd leave to see pictures of how people connected their quadzilla to their plug.  thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

Here is mine... wires from each jacket are heat shrinked, then outer bundle of 4 jackets are heat-shrinked together. The wires (not the jackets) run into the plug and all 4 are terminated into the screw terminals (2 per side of the screw clamp).

ReplyQuote
Share: