Clear all

Other digital sensors

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 jon
(@jon)
Topic starter  

Is there any way to support other digital sensors i.e. I have a bunch of DHT22 temp and humidity sensor which have a custom digital protocol  https://github.com/adafruit/DHT-sensor-library/blob/master/DHT.cpp.  

I'm assuming the scripts are running on the Brucontrol software, not on the device firmware so won't be fast enough to implement the protocol. The other idea I had was to run another board with custom firmware the implemented the firmware to read the sensor and outputt\ed the values to be read by another board running the Brucontrol firmware board, but I can't see a way of reading a value using a digital pin.

It would be cool if there was a custom device type that allowed could call an HTTP get, or receive an HTTP get to allow a custom device to get data into and out of brucontrol. 

(@pbruno3)
Reputable Member Admin

Hi,

Yes, we have it on the board to allow for data import/export to/from BruControl. With respect to other sensors, nothing is impossible - we just have to trade features/functions for memory & speed.

We also have a goal for an open communication with I2C devices... for example a pH sensor. All in good time!

I would suggest you look for analog output sensors for now... these can integrate directly to BC. 

If you have a specific need - let us know and we will see what we can do.

ReplyQuote
Share: