UniFlex 240VAC, 50A Brewery Controller Overview
The UniFlex Brewery Control System is the second turnkey brew controller running BruControl. This plug-and-brew controller is modular in design, which allows the user to configure many of its features when ordering. For example, integrated I/O, proportional control, etc. are determined to suit the brewer’s needs. More importantly, this design creates an upgradeable controller – the first and only of its kind on the market. Imagine buying a basic controller today, then upgrading it later to add integrated I/O later!
The UniFlex integrates directly into the BruControl ecosphere, allowing those looking for a continuous upgrade path in their brewery to begin their journey without needing any DIY (do-it-yourself) skills!
UniFlex Overview Video
UniFlex Controller Feature List:
- Ultimate flexibility: 240VAC / 50A brewery controller running BruControl
- Advanced controls: ESP32 based interface with Wi-Fi communications
- Integration ease: compact size, free of limited and dedicated hardware controls allows mounting anywhere
- High quality components: for example, Crydom SSR’s exclusively used
- Dual vessel simultaneous heating (BK, HLT, RIMs, etc.)
- Dual pump/accessory control
- Flexible configuration:
- Standard (duty cycle) or variable (proportional) SSR heating control
- Choice of power/plugs: NEMA 14-50P, 6-50P, or 10-50P
- 1-wire universal temperature probes, shielded, waterproof, 10 feet – up to 10 simultaneous probes
- Integrated user I/O: 17 I/O: 12 high current outputs, 1 analog output, and 4 inputs (digital or 12-bit analog) with external power connector
- DIN rail mount
- BruControl host application, requires ‘Advanced’ license
- The first and only modular & upgradeable design:
- Upgrade to integrated I/O
- Upgrade to DIN rail mount
- Add temperature probes as needed
- Safety integration: positive high voltage output electrical interlocks
- Full BruControl implementation:
- Device Elements including PID, Hysteresis, Deadband, Digital Outputs & Inputs, PWM/Analog Outputs, Counters, etc.
- Elements including Timers, Alarms, Graphs, Profiles, etc.
- Workspaces to create fully customizable digital interface (includes two pre-created configurations)
- Scripts to automate any or all of the brewing process including basics such start timing, step mashing, sparging, boil-over prevention, variables manipulation, conditional controls, data exchange, profiles, etc.
- BruControl ‘Advanced’ License provides unlimited expansion to control the brewery: fermentation, dispensing, cleaning, etc.
UniFlex Controller Specifications:
- Power Supply Requirements
- Single power feed version: 240VAC, 50A via 4-conductor NEMA 14-50R receptacle (includes ground and neutral)
- Dual power feed versions: 240VAC, 50A via 3-conductor NEMA 10-50R, 6-50R (no neutrals), or 10-50R receptacle (no neutrals) and 120VAC, 5A via NEMA 5-15R receptacle
- Must be protected by 50A dual pole GFCI circuit (panel or inline breaker)
- Power Input
- Single power feed version: NEMA 14-50P plug
- Dual power feed version: NEMA 14-50P, 6-50P, or 10-50P plug and NEMA 5-15P plug
- 2m (6′ / 72 inches) power cord length(s) included
- Vessel Power Output(s)
- 240 VAC, 25 amps maximum (5500W heater) per output
- Dual vessel, 2x NEMA L6-30R receptacles on 230 mm (9 inch) pigtails
- Circuit breakers integrated in controller for each output
- Pump / Accessory Power Output(s)
- 120VAC, 5 amps total, via NEMA 5-15R receptacle(s) on 230 mm (9 inch) pigtail(s)
- Circuit breaker integrated in controller
- Dual receptacle is included
- Aluminum, with internal venting fan (not splash proof)
- Front panel includes Wi-Fi antenna, temperature probe receptacle(s), I/O connector, I/O power, power switch
- Rear panel includes pass-through connectors for power and pump/accessory wires and circuit breaker
- Rubber feet on bottom (DIN rail mounting kit optional)
- Mounting: horizontal or vertical (power cords down)
- Dimensions 320 x 190 x 150 mm (12.6 x 7.5 x 5.9 inches) LxWxH, excluding wires
- Universal Temperature Probe(s)
- 100 mm (4 inch) length, 6 mm (1/4 inch) diameter probe, with 3 m (10′ / 120 inches) cord and right angle plug
- Universal probe design, allows for brewery integration via compression fittings (not included)
- Probes are waterproof (can be submerged) and use shielded cable for noise reduction
- 1-wire technology, allows for up to 10 probes simultaneously plugged in (requires separate adapter, not included)
- 2 probes included with controller
- Additional Universal Temperature Probes available here.
- BruControl Interface
- ESP32 based microcontroller with Wi-Fi and external antenna.
- Firmware software upgradeable over-the-air
- Solid State Relayd
- Standard (binary) SSRs for duty-cycle type modulated control
- Proportional SSRs for step-less modulated control (optional)
- Power Switch
- Latching illuminated circular switch on front panel
- Interlock design ensures vessel Power Outputs are disconnected from mains power
- Integrated User Input/Outputs (optional)
- 17 total I/O
- 12 high current outputs (max limits: 12 amps total, 5 amps per bank, 2 amps per output)
- 4 inputs (digital or 12-bit analog)
- 1 analog output (0 – 5VDC)
- I2C bus pins
- Internal 12VDC power available, up to 1 amp maximum
- Front panel connector for I/O and external power (12 or 24 VDC)
UniFlex Controller Downloads:
- Read the UniFlex Product Note for details, setup, and operation.
- Download the UniFlex Image files.
- Download UniFlex Configuration files.
NOTE: 30A UniFlex Controller Shown Here